Community Connections Team
The Community Connections Team (CCT) works to welcome our visitors, connect newcomers to the congregation, help people along the path to membership, and deepen the connections among our existing members and friends. We also work to improve communications among congregants and with our church groups. This work helps sustain and grow our congregation, supporting our various ministries and programs, while fostering a more meaningful experience for members, friends and newcomers.
Community Connections Activities
- Manage the Greeting Table before Sunday service, and Welcome Table during coffee hour.
- Reach out to visitors & newcomers, helping them learn about and connect into our church.
- Help conduct the monthly Exploring Membership classes.
- Assist ministers with the semi-annual New Member In-Gathering services.
- Organize the annual church-wide Connections Fair to help people learn about our ministries and programs.
- Produce brochures and handouts about our church, ministries and programs.
- Help church groups develop their web pages and other online tools.
- Assist the church office with congregational record-keeping and communications.
The Community Connections Team
- Congregants — Maria Bielass, Clark Sanford, (…and maybe you?)
- Church Staff Representative — (currently vacant)
You can contact the team at email@example.com.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Join us to greet people before service at the Greeting Table.
- Help break the ice with newcomers at the Welcome Table during coffee hour after service.
- Attend an Exploring Membership class to help newcomers learn about our church.
- Help with producing brochures and maintaining our online communication tools.
- Help to do outreach calls and emails to visitors and newcomers.
- Help with our next In-Gathering service. Typically in December and June.
- Help with our next Connections Fair. Typically in January, but may have a second in September.
- Or bring us your own ideas to help create the community you want here at church!