This is a time of transition for our congregation, where we are continuing forward in our spiritual journey, perpetuating what we have learned and benefited from in our past minister’s transformative leadership! We have begun an exciting period in the life of First Unitarian of Oakland in partnering with our new minister Rev Theresa Soto!
We are now striving to more effectively and systematically weave together membership and stewardship to holistically support new and longtime members and grow our membership in a year-round endeavor. As always, Stewardship will be a key element in moving us forward as a welcoming, justice-centered, radically inclusive and growing congregation.
A partial list of where your generous contribution goes:
• Establish a reasonable budget for all of our Justice Ministries within and outside our walls as we “expand beyond our white, Euro-centered culture and ally with community organizations such as Ella Baker Center and others dedicated to improving the quality of life of people of color and others that have historically and presently suffered disadvantages.
• Support and retain our staff with a cost of living increase
• Expand the menu of Faith development programs for youth and adults alike
• Provide a competitive compensation package for our new minister
• Preserve and “green” our splendid historical building
Alternatively, you can also email your intentions to email@example.com
In faith and gratitude,
Your Stewardship Team
For more information please us at: firstname.lastname@example.org