- We are seeking a new leader for our 6th-9th grade Club UU, beginning February 26. After a year and a half of sharing his warmth and wisdom with the youth on Sunday mornings, Jordan Stephens is stepping down to focus on leading Our Whole Lives. The Club UU Leader facilitates the group at First Unitarian on Sunday mornings (3-4 times a month) from 10:15 to 11:45. For details see uuoakland.org.
- SAVE THE DATE!!!! March 15, Annual Meeting, Noon-2:00, Wendte Hall. Mark your calendars! At this annual business meeting of the congregation, we hear reports from various church entities, review our current financials, vote on any bylaw changes necessary, elect new board members and thank outgoing board members. Lunch and childcare will be provided.
Are you a voting member? Per our bylaws, any person who has signed the membership book and made an annual pledge of record (this is different from contributing to the plate during service) or requested and received a pledge waiver from the Minister is a voting member. To confirm your status or request a waiver, please contact Rinda Bartley before February 20.
- Sat, Feb. 8, Ministry Tune-Up, 10 AM-2 PM, Wendte Hall. On February 8, 2020, the First Unitarian Board and Rev. Soto, along with Rev. Tandi Rogers, a Unitarian Universalist regional staff member will be hosting a Ministry Tune-Up. These events are typical for congregations welcoming new ministers, and are designed to lay strong groundwork for successful, fruitful ministries. The event will be engaging and informative, regardless of folks’ level of church experience. The information written in the flyer to the write is also below:
Join us for this interactive experience. Topics include
• Getting to know Rev. Soto.
• How we can best work together to achieve our goals.
• How to best manage communication and pace.
•Discussing our church-wide focus for 2020.
All active teams, committees, and working groups are invited to attend, as well as any interested congregant, including you! Yes, you!
Interested? Ask questions and RSVP yes by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Or call/text 510-473-7686