Community Connections Team
The Community Connections Team (CCT) works to welcome our visitors, connect newcomers into the congregation & help them along the path to membership, and deepen the connections among our existing members & friends. We also work to improve communications among congregants, and with our church groups. This work helps sustain & grow our congregation, provides a more meaningful experience here for members, friends & newcomers, and supports our various ministries & programs in achieving their goals.
Community Connections Activities
- Manage the Sunday Greeting Table before service.
- Manage the Sunday Welcome Table after service during coffee hour.
- Reach out to visitors & newcomers, helping them learn about and connect into our church.
- Help conduct the monthly Orientation to Membership classes.
- Assist ministers with the semi-annual New Member In-Gathering services.
- Organize the annual church-wide Connections Fair to help people learn about our ministries & programs.
- Produce brochures & handouts about our church, ministries & programs.
- Assist the church office with congregational record-keeping & communications.
The Community Connections Team
- Maria Bielass, Clark Sanford, Leslie Brandt, Sarah Letson
- Reverends Theresa Soto & Sheri Prud’homme
- Venee Call-Ferrar — our church administrator
You can contact the team at email@example.com.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Pick a Sunday to help greet people before service at the Greeting Table.
- Or help break the ice with newcomers on some Sunday after service at the Welcome Table during coffee hour.
- Attend an Orientation to Membership class to help newcomers learn about our church. Typically the 4th Sunday after service.
- Help Clark with producing brochures, assembling packets, & restocking bins.
- Help Maria to do outreach calls & emails to visitors & newcomers.
- Help us with our next In-Gathering service. Typically in December & June.
- Help us with our next Connections Fair. Typically in January, but may have a second in September.
- Or bring us your own ideas to help create the community you want here at church!
Greeting & Welcome Tables
We are looking for a couple people each Sunday for the Greeting & Welcome Tables. (finish this section, include signup genius, have link to greeter guidelines)