Software Transition Project Scope and Deliverables
Here are the major items the Software Transition Team hopes to address in this project, in priority order:
- Find a better solution for managing our congregational people data. This includes basic individual and family information — names, status, address, phone, etc. It would replace our existing Fellowship One system with something much easier for church staff to use and maintain.
- Incorporate our congregational pledge data into the above solution. This includes stewardship pledges and payment plans. It would replace our existing Pledge Tracker workbooks, and allow us to handle the switch from annual campaigns to year-round stewardship.
- Migrate our congregational pledge and one-time payment data into the above solution. This includes all the individual pledge payment transactions, now kept in our QuickBooks accounting system. This would simplify our pledge and payment recordkeeping work.
- Migrate our congregational non-pledge payment data into the above solution. This includes fees for classes, retreats, etc., now kept in our QuickBooks accounting system. Migrating these with the pledge data, will significantly simplify our bookkeeping work.
- Incorporate our congregational auto-payment processing into the above solution. This includes our automatic bank draws and credit card charges. It would replace our existing Vanco system.
Other items we hope to provide, depending on capabilities of our chosen solution:
- Provide congregant access to maintain their own records, and view a directory of fellow church members.
- Migrate our bulk-email mailing lists into the above solution, so they can be maintained in one place. They would then be automatically synchronized with the bulk-email tools we use for Chalice Chatter, etc.
- Develop capability to send other bulk mailings. (Does not replace Google Groups.)
- Incorporate our church events into the above solution, so they can be maintained in one place. They would then be automatically synchronized with the church website calendar.
Items outside of the scope of this project:
- Automatic event sign-ups. (Does not replace Sign Up Genius.)
- Group distribution lists. (Does not replace Google Groups.)
- Tracking historical group participation.
- Tracking skills and interest. (Future: business processes need development.)
- General ledger, payroll, and human resource management.
If you have questions about our scope, please email email@example.com.